This program consists of didactic, live surgery, and practical skills application sessions covering the components and uses of the da Vinci Surgical System and EndoWrist Instruments. Additionally, a training laboratory was conducted providing utilization of the da Vinci Surgical System for key technical surgical skills. Surgical team roles, responsibilities and emergent management of the da Vinci Surgical System are emphasized.
- Translate the core robotic psychomotor skills that include; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th arm application, energy application, needle driving, surgical knot tying, & suturing as it relates to the execution of these skills in the remote surgeon’s console of the robotic surgical platform.
- Translate the proper fine motor movements required to perform microsurgery as it relates to performing basic core robotic psychomotor skills.
- Recall and identify the general robotic platform components, settings, and features.
- Identify the proper patient candidates for Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; radical tonsilectomy, partial glossectomy, and suprglottic larygectomy on a cadaveric model.
Scott Magnuson, MD, FACS
Director - Head & Neck Surgery, Florida Hospital Celebration Health;
Chief Medical Officer, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at the Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Danielle Julian, MS
Research Scientist, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center