This course provides basic system training in surgical robotics, while focusing on basic skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci® Surgical System. The course also trains surgeons in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) focusing on the safe treatment of patients with upper aerodigestive benign & malignant disease.
- Translate the core robotic psychomotor skills that include; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th arm application, energy application, needle driving, surgical knot tying, & suturing as it relates to the execution of these skills in the remote surgeon’s console of the robotic surgical platform.
- Translate the proper fine motor movements required to perform microsurgery as it relates to performing basic core robotic psychomotor skills.
- Recall and identify the general robotic platform components, settings, and features.
- Identify the proper patient candidates for Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; radical tonsilectomy, partial glossectomy, and suprglottic larygectomy on a cadaveric model.
- $6,600: Includes Hotel
- $5,600: Does Not include Hotel
To register for this course, email FHNC.Info@flhosp.org. *Both options include course materials and meals.
Scott Magnuson, MD
Chief Medical Officer, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center,
Director of Head & Neck Surgery, Florida Hospital Celebration Health
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center