This course provides basic system training in surgical robotics, while focusing on basic skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci® Surgical System. The course also trains surgeons in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) focusing on the safe treatment of patients with upper aerodigestive benign & malignant disease.
- Translate the core robotic psychomotor skills that include; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th arm application, energy application, needle driving, surgical knot tying, & suturing as it relates to the execution of these skills in the remote surgeon’s console of the robotic surgical platform.
- Translate the proper fine motor movements required to perform microsurgery as it relates to performing basic core robotic psychomotor skills.
- Recall and identify the general robotic platform components, settings, and features.
- Identify the proper patient candidates for Trans-Oral Robotic Surgery.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; radical tonsilectomy, partial glossectomy, and suprglottic larygectomy on a cadaveric model.
- $6,600: Includes Hotel
- $5,600: Does Not include Hotel
To register for this course, email FHNC.Info@flhosp.org. *Both options include course materials and meals.
Florida Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Florida Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 38.0 AMA PRA 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. No partial credit will be offered, full attendance is required for continuing education credit. Full course attendance is required to receive a certiﬁcate.
Scott Magnuson, MD
Chief Medical Officer, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center,
Director of Head & Neck Surgery, Florida Hospital Celebration Health
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist, Florida Hospital Nicholson Center