This course provides the technical skills necessary to safely assist surgeons during robotic procedures using the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci Si System. This course is designed to provide first assistants with practical experience in both multi-port and single-site robotic concepts for the safe application in the operating room. This program only focuses on platform training in a dry lab setting.
- Surgical Physician Assistants, Operating Room Nurses, Surgical Technologists: $449
Course participants will engage in:
- Detailed overview of instrumentation and equipment
- Robotic platform setup
- Sterile draping for robotic platform
- Docking and undocking
- Port placement (multi-port and single-site)
- Instrument insertion and removal (multi-port and single-site)
- Troubleshooting scenarios
- Communication protocols
Overview of Objectives:
- Recognize and describe the function and capabilities of robotic instrumentation, platform, and accompanying equipment needed to complete multi-port and single-site robotic procedures.
- Demonstrate proper technique for the setup of the robot including sterile application of drape, patient cart positioning, and camera setup.
- Apply and demonstrate the fundamentals of port placement and docking to multi-port and single-site procedures.
- Recall and demonstrate the correct performance of instrument exchanges and arm manipulation as they relate to a robotic procedure.
- Apply decision making and critical thinking to safely approach trouble shooting and emergent situations.
This program only includes a dry lab. No wet lab participation will be offered.
Successful completion of the following Online Manufactures Robotic Surgical Platform Training for your specific da Vinci® platform must be completed one week prior to attending this course. Please create an account and complete the self-paced online training outlined for your specialization: www.davincisurgerycommunity.com. Pre-Course Requirements must be done one week prior to attending this course.
First Assistant Training (RNFA's, CSTFA’s & PA’s)
- dV Si System for First Assistants Online Training
- dV single-site modules
- dV Si System endowrist stapler 45
- dV Si System endowrist one vessel sealer
- dV multi-port procedure video
- pre-course questionnaire
This training is only for the dV Si System and will not include training for the S or Xi systems. Participants' hospital must have a robot or have access to one.
Participants must be proficient in the English language, there will not be translational services available for this course.
Scott Magnuson, MD, FACS
Chief Medical Officer at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Anthony Basica, BA
Clinical and Skills Assistant Lab Manager at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Babs Morrissiey, BS
Surgical Learning Lab Supervisor at AdventHealth Nicholson Center