Obstructive Sleep Apnea Hypopnea Syndrome (OSAHS) is a disease with increasing prevalence. The application of surgery to the treatment for OSAHS is a growing field and this course was created to show-case the up-to-date surgical procedures available to treat those who cannot tolerate non-surgical treatment options. Utilizing a strong practical focus, the course will include anatomical, clinical and surgical oriented lectures, anatomical dissection with hands-on supervision and clinical case discussions to consolidate learning objectives. The face-to-face relationship between the faculty and participants makes this course an important starting point for all specialists who want to explore sleep breathing disorder surgery.
- State how to evaluate the upper airway from an obstructive sleep apnea perspective.
- Describe the heterogeneous nature of anatomical obstruction in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Explain how to identify the site of obstruction and determine if multi-level surgery is required.
- Demonstrate the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe and examine the surgical steps involved in common surgical interventions for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Identify perioperative morbidity and how to manage this in the surgical treatment of OSA.
- Discuss the role of surgery in pediatric OSA.
- Didactic Plus Hands-On Lab: $2,700* (Limit to 30 participants)
- Didactic and Lab Shadow Only: $999* (Limit to 30 participants)
- Didactic ONLY: $799*
- Residents/Fellows Didactic Plus Lab Shadow: $600* (Letter from Program Director Required)
- Virtual Registration with Recording Access: $75
*Includes one ticket to the social event
We gratefully acknowledge support from the following exhibitors:
Refunds - Should you need to change or cancel your course registration, fees will be 100% reimbursed up to sixty (60) days prior. Any cancellations made after this time will incur a 30% administrative fee.
AdventHealth Tampa is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Tampa designates this Live In-Person Activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME is only available for physicians who attend the conference in-person.
Scott Magnuson, MD (USA)
Director - Head & Neck Surgery
Chief Medical Officer
AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Filippo Montevecchi, MD (Italy)
Staff Member, Department of Special Surgery
Head & Neck Surgery, Oral Surgery Unit
G. B. Morgagni – L. Pierantoni Hospital
Julia Crawford, BSc, MBBS, FRACS (Australia)
Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgeon
St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney
Claudio Vicini, MD (Italy)
Director, Department of Special Surgery
Head of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
Head of Stomatology & Oral Surgery Unit
G. B. Morgagni – L. Pierantoni Hospital
Ahmed Yassin Bahgat, MD (Egypt)
Assistant Professor of ENT
Yassin Bahgat, MD (Egypt)
Department of Otorhinolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
Paul Hoff, MD, MS (USA)
Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
University of Michigan
Ofer Jacobowitz, MD, PhD, FAASM (USA)
Director of Sleep, Assistant Professor
ENT & Allergy Associates, New York
Richard Lewis, MBBS, FRACS (Australia)
Head & Neck Surgeon
Royal Perth Hospital
Stanley YC Liu, MD, DDS (USA)
Associate Professor of Otolaryngology
Co-Director, Sleep Surgery Fellowship
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stuart MacKay, BSc, MBBS, FRACS (Australia)
University of Wollongong Graduate School of Medicine
Health Sciences University of Adelaide
Joachim Maurer, MD (Germany)
Vice-Chairman Department of Otorhinolaryngology
Head & Neck Surgery and Head of Sleep Disorders Center
University Medicine Mannheim
Madeline Ravesloot, MD, PhD, MSc, Certified Somnologist (Netherlands)
Department of Otorhinolaryngology
OLVG West Amsterdam
Alan Schwartz, MD (USA)
ENT Professor, Sleep Disorders Program
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Maria Suurna, MD, FACS (USA)
Weill Cornell Medicine
Director of Sleep Surgery
Eric Thuler, MD, PhD (Brazil)
Postdoctoral Researcher, Penn Otorhinolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
Associate Researcher, Hospital Sirio-Libanes
Edward Weaver, MD, MPH (USA)
Chief of Sleep Surgery
University of Washington, School of Medicine
Tucker Woodson, MD (USA)
Professor, Chief of Sleep Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin