This course provides the technical skills necessary to safely assist surgeons during robotic procedures using the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci Robot. This course is designed to provide first assistants with practical experience in both multi-port and single-site robotic concepts for the safe application in the operating room. This program only focuses on platform training in a dry lab setting.
Course participants will engage in:
- Detailed overview of instrumentation and equipment
- Robotic platform setup
- Sterile draping for robotic platform
- Docking and undocking
- Port placement (multi-port and single site)
- Instrument insertion and removal (multi-port and single site)
- Troubleshooting scenarios
- Communication protocols
Nurses, First Assistants, Surgical Assistant and Physician's Assistants: $495
Overview of Objectives:
- Recognize and describe the function and capabilities of robotic instrumentation, platform, and accompanying equipment needed to complete multi-port and single site robotic procedures.
- Demonstrate proper technique for the setup of the robot including sterile application of drape, patient cart positioning, and camera setup.
- Apply and demonstrate the fundamentals of port placement and docking to multi-port and Single Site procedures.
- Recall and demonstrate the correct performance of instrument exchanges and arm manipulation as they relate to a robotic procedure.
- Apply decision-making and critical-thinking to safely approach trouble shooting and emergent situations.
This program only includes a dry lab. No wet lab participation will be offered.
Scott Magnuson, MD, FACS
Chief Medical Officer at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Danielle Julian, MS
Research Scientist at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Babs Morrissiey, BS
Education Operations Manager at AdventHealth Nicholson Center