The course provides education in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) focusing on the safe treatment of patients with upper aerodigestive benign & malignant disease. This course also provides basic system training in surgical robotics that focus on basic skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical daVinci Surgical System.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Translate the core robotic psychomotor skills that include; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th arm application, energy application, needle driving, surgical knot tying, & suturing as it relates to the execution of these skills in the remote surgeon’s console of the robotic surgical platform.
- Recall and identify the general robotic platform components, settings, and features.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and demonstrate the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform.
- Identify the proper patient candidates for Transoral Robotic Surgery.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; tongue base resection and epiglottic revision on a cadaveric model.
· Includes lectures, course-related materials, and course-related meals.
Ear, Nose, And Throat Surgeon, Fellow / Resident, Head and Neck
AdventHealth Tampa is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Tampa designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 33.0AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
There are no conflicts of interest by either the planners or the presenter of this activity to disclose.
Eric Thuler, MD (Brasil)
ENT/TORS Director, Department of Otolaryngology
Hospital Samaritano (ASM-UHG)
J. Scott Magnuson, MD (USA)
Chief Medical Officer
AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Director, Head & Neck Surgery