Current data suggests that MIS repairs should be the first choice for the treatment of several colorectal diseases.
Why the robotic approach to these conditions? The gold standard treatment for colorectal surgery is MIS. The robotic platform allows the surgeon to perform those surgeries in a MIS platform while decreasing wound morbidity, which is extremely high in open repair, in an ergonomic and easier manner compared to traditional laparoscopy.
With a strong practice focus, this course will include anatomical, clinical, and surgical oriented lectures, anatomical dissection with hands-on supervision and clinical case discussions to consolidate learning objectives. The face-to-face relationship between the faculty and participants makes this course an important technical experience for all specialists who want to improve their abilities to treat colorectal diseases.
- Discuss the role of robotic surgical systems in treating colorectal diseases.
- Identify the proper patient candidates and criteria for robotic colorectal procedures.
- Identify and discuss best practices for robotic OR team.
- Demonstrate the proper positioning, robot docking, and port placement for Robotic Colorectal patient.
- Examine and analyze the surgical techniques and methodology for colorectal procedures.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; left and right-sided Colectomy with Intracorporeal Anastomosis
- Use multi quadrant techniques, different energy and stapling options and their indicators on colorectal cases.
Colorectal surgeons, General Surgeons
AdventHealth Tampa is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Tampa designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 6.5AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dr. Mark Soliman has been a paid speaker for Intuitive Surgical.
Mark Soliman, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Colorectal Surgery Division Chief & Program Medical Director
AdventHealth Digestive Health and Surgery Institute