The continuing education of nursing and allied health professionals in cardiovascular care is diverse and evolving through the development of new devices, procedural techniques, and the use of innovative technology. The symposium will focus on the latest technology used in clinical procedures, techniques used to stabilize and maintain the hemodynamic stability of the patient with severe heart conditions, and the current and future perspective of acute care as it relates to operations, transitional care, quality, and improving the patient experience.
- Discuss the trends in TAVR procedure population.
- Identify the indications that determine which patient will require a SAVR vs TAVR and the nursing care plan to support this technology.
- Identify the nurses role in gathering data for the TAVR program.
- Discuss the complications associated with groin access following an interventional cardiac procedure.
- Identify best practice strategies and treatment associated with groin access complications following an interventional cardiac procedure.
- Identify emergent complications associated with groin access and when to contact the physician.
- Discuss the different congenital heart conditions in the pediatric versus the adult patient.
- Outline the transitional care needs for the congenital heart condition patient across their lifespan.
- Distinguish when a pediatric congenital patient transitions to an adult patient and how their care is managed.
- Discuss the patient care plan for pre and post cardiac lead extractions.
- Describe the interventions and care plan for managing a cardiac pacing/ICD lead infection.
- Discuss where cardiac lead extractions are routinely performed and the possible interventions related to a negative post implant assessment.
- Define the Elective Replacement Indicator for the LVAD patient with an ICD generator.
- Discuss the indications and the post procedure nursing implications associated with replacing the ICD or downgrading to a pacemaker.
- Discuss the indications and patient population that require a ventricular assist device (Impella).
- Outline the nursing care and expected outcomes for patients with a ventricular assist device (Impella).
- Discuss the Future of the Cardiovascular Institute within AdventHealth and its potential nationwide impact.
- Outline the transition in acute cardiac care in the traditional hospital setting to an ambulatory care center setting.
Allied Health, Cardiology, Other, Radiology, Student
AdventHealth Orlando is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Orlando designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AdventHealth Orlando is accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing (FSBN) Provider# NCE2012/CE Broker Provider #50-724. This activity has been awarded 5.5 contact hours (CEBroker #20-731942) for the completion of this program.
Kevin D. Accola, MD
Cardiovascular Surgeons, PA
Jose H. Arias, MD
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs, FL
Kimberly Dawson Bell, MSN
Chandra Bomma, MD
George J. Palmer III, MD
Frank Pigula, MD
AHMG Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Surgery at Orlando
David G. Varnagy, MD
AHMG Vascular Surgery at Lake Mary