During this program, your experience will include; lectures & case studies on clinical applications of the robotic surgical platform, hands-on time in simulation, wet & dry lab experiences, surgical case observation, and competency development in the skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci® Robot. The course will also include; developing efficiencies within the healthcare team and extensive evaluation of your skills during the course and includes a comprehensive follow-up evaluation following the course to ensure you are making the most out of your training. This training is available for surgeons, residents, fellows, nurses, and surgical technologists that are interested in safely transitioning learning into practice and developing competency in robotic surgical skills.
- Physician Early Bird Discount: $4,800 (Early Bird Discount expires on December 1, 2017)
- Physicians: $5,300
- Physician without Hotel: $4,166
- Residents, Fellows, Physician Assistants & Nurses: $3,600 (Please reach out to our team at FHNC.Info@Flhosp.org, to obtain your discount code)
Our registration prices include course content, materials, breakfast, and lunch each day, as well as hotel accommodations and transportation between the hotel and our training facility. Airfare is NOT included. For rates that do not include your hotel, please reach out to FHNC.Info@flhosp.org.
Registration deadline for course: December 25, 2017
- The learner will identify the specific robotic platform components, settings, and features required to safely utilize and operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate the proper robotic platform pre-operative setup, troubleshooting measures, and emergency procedures required to safely operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following core robotic psychomotor skills; Endowrist Manipulation, Camera Navigation, Instrument Clutching, 4th Arm Application, Energy Application, Needle Driving, Surgical Knot Tying, and Suturing.
- The learner will be able effectively translate fine motor movements into basic core robotic psychomotor tasks by achieving competency in microsurgery end-to-end anastamosis.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate competency in the basic skills required for the surgical 1st assistant to include; Camera Navigation, Instrument Insertion, Item Hand-Off’s & Transfers, Cutting, Retraction, Suctioning, Irrigating, Energy Application, and Hemoclip Application.
- The learner will be able to recognize and articulate the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and will competently perform the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform for a surgical procedure.
For Basic Course: (November 13-17, January 15-19, March 26-30)
Successful completion of the following Online Manufactures Robotic Surgical Platform Training for your specific da Vinci® platform must be completed one week prior to attending this course. Please create an account and complete the self-paced online training outlined for your specialization: www.davincisurgerycommunity.com.
- dV Xi System for Surgeons Online Training
- dV Si System for Surgeons Online Training
Nursing & Surgical Technologist Training
- dV Xi System for OR Staff Online Training
- dV Si System Modules for OR Staff Online Training
Residents & Fellows Training
- dV Xi System for Residents & Fellows Online Training
- dV Si System for Residents & Fellows Online Training
First Assistant Training (RNFA, CSTFA’s & PA’s)
- dV Xi System for First Assistants Online Training
- dV Si System for First Assistants Online Training
This training is completed on the dV Si System and will not include training for the S or Xi systems. Participants' hospital must have a robot or have access to one.
Participants must be proficient in the English language, there will not be translational services available for this course.
Surgeons, Residents, Fellows, PA's OR Nurses, RNFA's & CSTFA's
AdventHealth is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth designates this live activity for a maximum of 47.0 AMA PRA 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity will award up to 47.0 CNE for registered nurses. No partial credit will be offered, full attendance is required for continuing education credit.
Full course attendance is required to receive a certificate.
Scott Magnuson, MD, FACS
Director of Head & Neck Surgery at Celebration Health
Chief Medical Officer at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Flavio Malcher, MD, FACS, TCBC
Director of Clinical Research and Education at Celebration Center for Surgery
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Anthony Basica, BA
Clinical and Skills Assistant Lab Manager at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Babs Morrissiey, BS
Surgical Learning Lab Supervisor at AdventHealth Nicholson Center