During this program, your experience will include; lectures & case studies on clinical applications of the robotic surgical platform, hands-on time in simulation, wet & dry lab experiences, surgical case observation, and competency development in the skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci® Robot. The course will also include; developing efficiencies within the healthcare team and extensive evaluation of your skills during the course and includes a comprehensive follow-up evaluation following the course to ensure you are making the most out of your training. This training is available for surgeons, residents, and fellows that are interested in safely transitioning learning into practice and developing competency in robotic surgical skills.
- Physicians: $5,300
- Physician without Hotel: $4,166
- Residents & Fellows: $3,600 (Please reach out to our team at FHNC.Info@Flhosp.org, to obtain your discount code)
Our registration prices include course content, materials, breakfast, and lunch each day, as well as hotel accommodations and transportation between the hotel and our training facility. Airfare is NOT included. For rates that do not include your hotel, please reach out to FHNC.Info@flhosp.org.
- The learner will identify the specific robotic platform components, settings, and features required to safely utilize and operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate the proper robotic platform pre-operative setup, troubleshooting measures, and emergency procedures required to safely operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to effectively demonstrate proficiency in the following core robotic psychomotor skills; Endowrist Manipulation, Camera Navigation, Instrument Clutching, 4th Arm Application, Energy Application, Needle Driving, Surgical Knot Tying, and Suturing.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate competency in the basic skills required for the surgical 1st assistant to include; Camera Navigation, Instrument Insertion, Item Hand-Off’s & Transfers, Cutting, Retraction, Suctioning, Irrigating, Energy Application, and Hemoclip Application.
- The learner will be able to recognize and articulate the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and will competently perform the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform for a surgical procedure.
Successful completion of the following Online Manufacturer's Robotic Surgical Platform Training for your specific da Vinci® platform must be completed two weeks prior to attending this course. Please create an account and complete the self-paced online training outlined for your specialization: www.davincisurgerycommunity.com.
- Si Overview for Surgeons
- Xi Overview for Surgeons
Surgeons, Residents, & Fellows
This training is completed on the dV Si & Xi Systems. Participants' hospital must have a robot or have access to one.
AdventHealth is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AdventHealth designates this educational activity for a maximum of 47.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AdventHealth Global Robotics Institute
Scott Magnuson, MD, FACS
Director of Head & Neck Surgery at AdventHealth Celebration
Chief Medical Officer at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Director of Education and Training at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Flavio Malcher, MD, FACS, TCBC
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Director of Abdominal Wall Surgery Program
Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx, New York
Leandro Totti Cavazzola, M.D., M.Chir., Ph.D., FACS
Professor Adjunto do Departamento de Cirurgia
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - UFRGS
Professor Adjunto de Morfologia
Universidade Luterana do Brasil - Ulbra
Carlos Ortiz-Ortiz, MD, FACS
Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Babs Morrissiey, BS
Education Operations Manager at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Roger Smith, PHD
Chief Technology Officer
AdventHealth Nicholson Center