During this program, your experience will include; lectures & case studies on clinical applications of the robotic surgical platform, hands-on time in simulation, wet & dry lab experiences, surgical case observation, and competency development in the skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical daVinci Robot. The course will also include; developing efficiencies within the healthcare team and extensive evaluation of your skills during the course and includes a comprehensive follow-up evaluation following the course to ensure you are making the most out of your training. This training is available for surgeons, residents, fellows, nurses, and surgical technologists that are interested in safely transitioning learning into practice and developing competency in robotic surgical skills.
- Early Bird Discount: $4,800 (Early Bird Discount expires on August 1, 2017, use discount code: early09)
- Physicians: $5,300
- Residents & Fellows: $3,600 (Please reach out to our team at FHNC.Info@Flhosp.org, to obtain your discount code)
Our registration prices include course content, materials, breakfast and lunch each day, as well as hotel accommodations and transportation between the hotel and our training facility. Airfare is NOT included.
- The learner will identify the specific robotic platform components, settings, and features required to safely utilize and operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate the proper robotic platform pre-operative setup, troubleshooting measures, and emergency procedures required to safely operate the robotic surgical platform.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following core robotic psychomotor skills; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th Arm Application, Energy Application, Needle Driving, Surgical Knot Tying, and Suturing.
- The learner will be able effectively translate fine motor movements into basic core robotic psychomotor tasks by achieving competency in microsurgery end-to-end anastamosis.
- The learner will be able to demonstrate competency in the basic skills required for the surgical 1st assistant to include; Camera Navigation, Instrument Insertion, Item Hand-Off’s & Transfers, Cutting, Retraction, Suctioning, Irrigating, Energy Application, and Hemoclip Application.
- The learner will be able to recognize and articulate the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and will competently perform the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform for a surgical procedure.
Surgeons, Residents, Fellows, PA's OR Nurses, RNFA's & CSTFA's
Prior to attending our course, you will need to complete an online application, provide your CV or Resume, and a Letter from your Hospital verifying you have a robotic system. This application will be reviewed by the course faculty. Upon approval, you will have access to pay for the course and you will receive prerequisite assignments that must be completed by June 26, 2017 in order gain access to the full course registration. For further questions or information please contact our education team for assistance in navigating through these steps.
Florida Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Florida Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 47.0 AMA PRA 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity will award up to 47.0 CNE for registered nurses. No partial credit will be offered, full attendance is required for continuing education credit.
Scott Magnuson, MD
Director - Head & Neck Surgery, Celebration Health
Chief Medical Officer - Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Flavio Malcher, MD, FACS, TCBC
Director - Clinical Research and Education at Celebration Center for Surgery
Todd Larson, RN, BSN, MSIT, CNOR
Course Coordinator for the Basic Robotic Surgical Course
Danielle Tedrick, MS
Research Scientist at Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Clinical and Skills Assistant Lab Manager at Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
Surgical Learning Lab Supervisor at Florida Hospital Nicholson Center