THIS COURSE IS SOLD OUT.
At this time our Emerging Trends Course is full. For another cardiac focused course, visit our Pediatric Electrophysiology Course in November.
The continuing education of nursing and allied health professional in cardiovascular care is diverse and evolving through the development of new devices, procedural techniques, and the use of innovative technology. The symposium will focus on the latest technology used in clinical procedures, techniques used to stabilize and maintain the hemodynamic stability of the patient with severe heart conditions, and the current and future perspective of acute care as it relates to operations, transitional care, quality, and improving the patient experience.
Allied Health, Cardiology, Radiology
As a result of their participation in this activity, the learner will:
- Discuss the trends in cardiovascular acute care practice from a strategy and operational perspective.
- Distinguish the transition of cardiovascular care from traditional hospital-based management to an ambulatory care setting.
- Express how best practice is applied while maintaining quality, containing costs, and improving the overall patient experience
- Outline pulmonary hypertension and cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology.
- Differentiate the specific pharmacologic agents used to treat pulmonary hypertension.
- Explain how frailty and co-morbidities impact outcomes of lung transplantation.
- Differentiate the risks and benefits of extracorporeal life support (ECLS) as a bridge to lung transplantation.
- Discuss how an adapted donor management strategy can impact lung transplantation outcomes.
- Outline the new techniques and trends in vascular surgery.
- Recognize the change in practice patterns that conform to advances in vascular surgery.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of cardiogenic shock.
- Outline the cardiogenic shock algorhythm and activation process (transfer vs cath lab initiation)
- Outline the decision tree pathway for the STEMI patient population.
- Discuss the different devices used in advanced heart failure therapy.
- Differentiate the different methods of anticoagulation therapy versus utilizing a left atrial appendage closure device.
- Discuss the appropriate candidate for a left atrial closure device.
Echelon is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity has been approved for 5.75 CNE contact hours upon successful completion.
Rohit Bhatheja, MD
CV - Florida Heart Group, PA
Cynthia J. Gries, MD
Florida Hospital Transplant Institute
Usman R. Siddiqui, MD
CV - Florida Cardiology
Scott C. Silvestry, MD
Surgical Director, Thoracic Transplant Program
Florida Hospital Transplant Center
Cathy Stankiewicz, RN
James H Tarver III, MD
Directory, Pulmonary Hypertension Program